Ancient philosophy, Rhetoric, Pindar, Drama
University of Crete (BA)
University of Birmingham (MA and PhD)
Title of Doctoral Dissertation:
Platonic Poetics into Philosophy: The Republic’s Language of Philosophy and Pindar’s Epinician Odes, Birmingham, 2005.
- The Poetics of Philosophical Language: Plato, poets and Presocratics in the Republic, Berlin: Walter De Gruyter, σειρά Sozomena, 2011.
- Philosophy and the Arts in Plato’s Middle and Late Dialogues (in progress).
- Petraki on COTTON (A. K.) Platonic Dialogue and the Education of the Reader. Oxford Classical Monographs. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press, 2014. Pp. viii+330. £73. ISBN 9780199684052. Under Publication in the Journal for Hellenic Studies. JHS 2017.
Sholarships, Fellowships & Academic Distinctions
- 2017 (September): Research program funded by the University of Crete
- 2015 Research Fellow, Center for Hellenic Studies, Harvard University, Washington, DC (Spring semester)
- 2010 Foundation Hardt, Γενεύη
- 2006-2007 Honorary Research Fellow, University of Birmingham (UK)
- 2004 (Visiting scholar), Stanford University (Spring term)
- 2000-2003 British Academy Arts and Humanities Research Board Award)
- 2000-2003 The University of Birmingham Postgraduate Assistantship Scholarship
Updated Nov 2017